The 2017 Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, or any STEM-related fields, and high performance computing (HPC) is on your radar, ISC 2017 is an event worth attending.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable young people to help us run the conference. In return we offer you the opportunity to attend the tutorials, conference sessions, and workshops for free. We also encourage you to use the event to build your professional network. The conference after-hours experience is also fun. You will have the opportunity to intermingle with your peers from other educational institutions and international backgrounds. Such connections can go a long way as you develop your career.
Finally, who knows, your future employer might also be attending the event! We have witnessed volunteers line up employment opportunities at previous conferences.
ISC 2017 is held in a very comfortable, safe environment, and we will provide housing for all out-of-town students.
Promoting Gender Equality
We have noticed the number of female student volunteers increase organically each year and we welcome that trend. We encourage female STEM students to use this forum as a stepping stone to gain an insight into the HPC academia, research and commercial environments.
As a close partner of the conference, the Women in HPC community will be organizing a number of events in conjunction with ISC 2017. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to socialize with well-respected female researchers and corporate leaders.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 11:59 pm, AoE
Notification of Acceptance: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
By becoming a student volunteer at ISC 2017, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the tutorials, conference sessions and workshops, depending on your daily work schedule
- Access to the showfloor: networking opportunities with 150 exhibitors
- Admission to special evening events
- Housing (out-of-town volunteers only)
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference proceedings
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a Ph.D., masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Student volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Student volunteers will be asked to work a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (you should be available from June 16 to 22, 2017).
- Duties before and during the conference will include such tasks as assisting with registration, monitoring entrance to sessions and events, running microphones to audience members for questions, technical support to the ISCnet network team, arranging the conference, checking catering areas, counting of participants, and other similar tasks.
- Student volunteers are responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
If you would like to apply for the ISC 2017 Student Volunteer Program, please fill out the APPLICATION FORM and upload a short CV and a valid, dated student identification card or certificate of matriculation. After receiving your application, we will contact your professor to send us a letter of recommendation for your participation as a student volunteer at ISC 2017.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2017 and all applicants will be notified by March 29, 2017.
If you need any further information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org