The ISC Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, or any STEM-related fields, and high performance computing (HPC) is on your radar, volunteering at ISC 2018 can help steer your future career in the right direction.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable young people to help us run the conference. In return we offer you the opportunity to attend the tutorials, conference sessions, workshops and the ISC STEM Day & Gala for free. We strongly encourage you to use the event to build your professional network. The conference after-hours experience is also fun. You will have the opportunity to intermingle with your peers from other educational institutions and international backgrounds. Such connections can go a long way as you develop your career.
Finally, who knows, your future employer might also be attending the event! We have witnessed volunteers line up employment opportunities at previous conferences.
ISC 2018 is held in a very comfortable, safe environment, and we will provide housing for all out-of-town students.
Promoting Gender Equality
As a conference that supports gender equality, we encourage female STEM students to use this forum as a stepping stone to gain an insight into the HPC academia, research and commercial environments.
As a close partner of the conference, the Women in High Performance Computing (WHPC) network will be organizing a number of events in conjunction with ISC 2018. Don't miss out on the opportunity to socialize with well-respected female researchers and corporate leaders.
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:59 pm, AoE
Notification of Acceptance: Thursday, March 29, 2018
By becoming a student volunteer at ISC 2018, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the tutorials, conference sessions and workshops, depending on your daily work schedule
- Access to the ISC STEM Day & Gala, including a job fair
- Access to the show floor: networking opportunities with 150 exhibitors
- Admission to special evening events
- Housing (out-of-town volunteers only)
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference proceedings
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Student volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Student volunteers will be asked to work a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (you should be available from June 21 to 28, 2018).
- Duties before and during the conference will include such tasks as assisting with registration, monitoring entrance to sessions and events, running microphones to audience members for questions, technical support to the ISCnet network team, arranging the conference, checking catering areas, counting of participants, and other similar tasks.
- Student volunteers are responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
If you would like to apply for the ISC 2018 Student Volunteer Program, please fill out the APPLICATION FORM and upload a cover letter, a short CV, a valid, dated student identification card or certificate of matriculation and a letter of recommendation signed by your recommending professor.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2018 and all applicants will be notified by March 29, 2018. If you need any further information please send an e-mail to email@example.com