The 2017 Student Cluster Competition
Announcing the 2017 Teams
Here are the twelve teams that will take part in the three-day competition, from June 19-21, 2017, during the 32nd annual ISC High Performance 2017 conference and exhibition, in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC)
- Nanyang Technological University
- EPCC University of Edinburgh
- NUDT and USTC (Winning team from SC16 Student Cluster Challenge)
- Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg
- University of Hamburg
- Universitat Politècnica De Catalunya Barcelona Tech
- Purdue + NEU
- 2 teams from the Asia Student Supercomputing Challenge (ASC) in May 2017
- The Boston Green Team
Supporting the global demand for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) talent, the sixth annual competition introduces university teams, comprised of six students and up to two advisors each. In addition to applying the knowledge gained through their education, SCC participants learn valuable new skills, including developing basic proposals, obtaining required sponsorships, securing industry partnerships, and designing a platform to run benchmarks and applications within a limited power budget. The competition also nurtures a healthy competitive spirit, develops comradery, and establishes early professional relationships and even lifelong friendships that might have never occurred otherwise. All of these experiences have become as much a benefit of the SCC as the hands-on live-learning experience itself.
For more information, sponsorship and general questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find more information at the HPC Advisory Council site: www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com
- Highlight coverage of the 2016 competition: www.studentclustercomp.com