Chair - Dr. Julian Kunkel
CALL FOR ISC 2017 PROJECT POSTERS
Please note that the call for Project Posters is now closed.
The project poster session is an excellent opportunity to present information about your research ideas and projects at ISC 2017. With more than 3,000 participants, ISC has established itself as the HPC event in Europe to disseminate ongoing and future research work, as well as foster discussion within the community, and engage in international cooperation.
We are introducing the project poster session as a new track in 2017 to give scientists a platform for information exchange. For attendees it is an opportunity to gain an overview of new developments, HPC research and engineering activities. In contrast to the dissemination of research results in the research poster session, project posters enable participants to present ongoing and emerging projects by presenting fundamental ideas, methodology and preliminary work. Researchers with upcoming and recently funded projects are encouraged to submit a poster of their work. Those with novel project ideas are invited to present as well.
All accepted project posters will be displayed from Monday, June 19 through Wednesday, June 21, 2017 in the exhibition hall. During the two coffee breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, ISC attendees will have the opportunity to meet the authors at their posters to discuss their projects.
Attendance to the session will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
| Submission Deadline
||Friday, March 10, 2017, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Friday, March 31, 2017|
| Final Poster PDFs due
||Monday, June 5, 2017|
|Project Posters on Display||Monday, June 19 – Wednesday, June 21, 2017|
Areas of Interest
Project posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
Project poster proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2017 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Friday, March 10, 2017. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”)
The review process of the project posters will be light-weight to give as many people the chance to present ideas and projects. The acceptance criteria are the quality of the presentation and relevance for the ISC attendees. In a face-to-face meeting, the Project Posters Committee will evaluate the posters with respect to these criteria with the goal of providing feedback to the authors to improve their submissions.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a project poster proposal, you agree to present the poster at ISC High Performance 2017 in Frankfurt, Germany. You also agree that ISC may publish your poster in the online conference program and the ISC 2017 proceedings.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2017 participants, and only posters of registered presenters will be admitted.
- There will be a project poster presentation from 3:15 pm - 3:45 pm on Tuesday, June 20, during the afternoon coffee break. Please ensure that at least one presenter from your team is available to present your project.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
- The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, QR codes, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
In addition to publishing PDFs of the project posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will also include them in the ISC 2017 proceedings, which will be made available to attendees a week after the event. ISC 2017 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.